Infrastructure Debt Fund (Idf)
- IDF is an emerging investment vehicle which as per regulations can be created in the form of Mutual Fund or NBFC to invest in the infrastructure sector
- IDF in Mutual Fund (IDF – MF) format is regulated by SEBI (Mutual Funds) Regulations, 1996, whereas IDF in NBFC format is governed by Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Investors invest in Rupee denominated units of scheme of an IDF-MF
- The Asset Management Company (AMC) of the fund manages the funds of the various IDF schemes.
- It Provides an opportunity to long term investment by FIIs, Pensions Funds, Insurance Cos, Sovereign Wealth Funds and other investors
Key Characteristics - IDF MF
90%-debt securities / securitized debt instruments of
|Credit Rating of Eligible Asset||
IIFCL Mutual Fund (IDF) - Structure